Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Final Portfolio Idea

Ok, so one idea I've had for the series for our final portfolio is: I walk around looking for photos a lot and I recently decided to try to take interesting photos of trash. It's everywhere and ugly. But it is someone's disposable art (sometimes not meant to be I guess) but anyway I'm thinking of using photos I make of trash and printing them out and incorporating them into portraits in the studio of figures that relate to the trash. Maybe a similar gesture. Also Joseph and I spoke about bringing in the trash and photographing in the studio then bringing in models and photographing them and splitting the images half figure half trash. Also another avenue is using a projector to relate the trash projected in/around the figure. The last possibility that I've been thinking about with this is after photographing the trash, printing it out and making props/clothing for the model or actually buying the product/or using the actual trash with the model as clothing.

Whew! Thats long. Thanks for reading and hope this sparks some conversation.

Ryan

PS These aren't necessarily the photos I would use, but give a general idea of where my mind is at.










1 comment:

  1. pretty cool idea ryan. there really are a lot of ways to do it like you said with split imaging and wearing trash etc. hopefully u try them all and find your favorite approach and go with it =] color or black and white would also be a big decision in this i think. keeping it black and white would concentrate more on the form but color would also give it an interesting character. anywho cant wait to see it

    ReplyDelete